What is “Good Nutrition”?
This is Part 2 in a series that will detail the components of a good nutrition plan. Today we are going to focus on a couple of key topics; Energy Balance and Nutrient Density.
- Recap Part 1
- Today’s Topic – Good nutrition achieves health, body composition and performance goals
- What is Body Composition?
- What does improved health mean?
- Reduce diabetes risk
- Increases insulin sensitivity
- Increased levels of good cholesterol
- How to measure performance improvements
- PED’s – Short term benefits, potential long term effects on health
- Part 3 Preview – Good nutrition should be honest and outcome based as well as sustainable