The age old question…”Should I do cardio or weight lifting in order to lose body fat?” The right answer…? It depends…
This episode of the Fit Men Movement podcast we get into the details of how strength training or weight lifting may or may not be more beneficial for you to lose body fat. There are certainly pros and cons to both and we cover that as well. At the end of the day, each of these forms of exercise are methods that you can leverage to lost body fat and we suggest ways to get the best out of both!
- Cardio defined
- Weight lifting defined
- Pros/Cons of each
- Weight training increases metabolism
- Weight training reshapes your body
- Muscle burns more calories on a 24 hour basis than cardio. Therefore the more muscle you have the more calories you burn.
- Cardio can be boring and time-consuming.
- The effectiveness of cardio for fat loss is limited by the amount of time you put into it.
- Granted about health benefits for heart, lungs, endurance, circulatory systems, etc
- What would be the best way to lose fat?
- Strength training —> cardio
- HIIT cardio
- Importance of diet in both scenarios.
- Doing exercise that you love to get results will be better long term compared to doing a program that you don’t enjoy
Ready to Get Started?
Get Started with Chris
Get Started with Jared
This episode of the Fit Men Movement is brought to you by Sudio!
Sudio creates high-quality, premium earphones for all occasions. Their goal is to revolutionize the way people see headphones, as not just a tech device but also an accessory.
Currently, the headphones market can offer you one of two things: style or tech – Sudio provides both. Check out all of the audio products that Sudio has created.
Enter the code FITMEN15 to receive a 15% discount off any purchase. They also offer free shipping. Head over to fitmenmovement.com/sudio for more.