Taking on new challenges can be both exciting and daunting, so having the right mindset as you get started is super-important and will allow you to stay focused as you encounter obstacles. What’s the right way to do that? It’s all about setting expectations and maintaining focus and that’s the topic for episode 19 of the Fit Men Movement podcast.
Setting Realistic Expectations
- Long-term, healthy results.
- It’s crucial that you go into this fitness journey realizing what kind of work and requirements will be needed on your end.
- Living and breathing a healthy lifestyle is no different.
Two things to understand
- You create your success, not your coach
- You also create failure, not your coach
“You can’t hire someone to do your push-ups for you!” – Jim Rohn
Live in the moment
- Stop wishing – start working
- Consistent action
- Maintain a positive focus
How to set realistic expectations and maintain focus:
- Set small, realistic goals. Build on those as they build your confidence and habits.
- Ask yourself three questions:
- How big is the goal?
- What will it take to achieve the goal?
- Can you see yourself reaching the goal ie visualization
- Set time frames to work towards.
- Build in rewards
- Make sure it’s fun!
Question of the week
What expectations should new moms (or dads) (stay-at-home) have about exercise and eating right? Especially with hormone rebalance, sleep inconsistency.