In this episode of the Fit Men Movement podcast, we are fortunate to have the opportunity to chat with Iron Man Triathlete Mike Roberts. Mike shares his journey to the grind that consumes 70.3 miles of swimming, biking and running. As you will hear in his story, it wasn’t always easy for him having to juggle the commitment between work, family and training for such and event.
- Tell us about yourself – who you are, what you do for a living, etc…
- What does your fitness journey look like? How did you get started and what are you doing now?
- Triathlon – what is it, what are the specific distances?
- When was your first event and what inspired you to start?
- What does training for a triathlon look like?
- How did you balance training with your busy schedule and what tips do you have for similarly busy people?
- Which component of the race is the toughest?
- Many people only think about the physical aspect of competing in an extreme event, but don’t take into account the mental part. Which is the more difficult aspect of preparing for the competition, the physical or the mental? Or are they equal in difficulty?
- What’s your advice for someone just starting?
- Are there any resources that you would recommend for anyone interested in getting involved with triathlons?
- When is your next race?
Got a question for Mike or want to reach out to him? Here’s how: