If you travel often or if you have plans to travel in the remaining weeks of the year. Have you thought about how you are going to stay on track with your health and fitness goals while you are away from home? It may not sound like an overwhelming problem and in reality it isn’t. However, unless you plan ahead and consider some of the unanticipated situations; you may find it difficult to stay committed to those goals you’ve set for yourself.
In episode 57 of the Fit Men Movement podcast, we share some of our best advice that you can implement in preparation of your next trip; whether that is just a 2-3 day business trip, a full 10 days visiting family or anything in between, the information that we share is something that you can use and not suffer a setback.
- How much time will I have to complete a workout while on vacation?
- What program should I follow if my time is limited?
- I don’t know if my place will be adequate to workout in?
- My schedule may be not determined ahead of time.
- What time of day will I plan to workout?
- What workouts are on my schedule?
- What equipment will I need for those workouts?
- Is there a fitness center where I am staying?
- If not, is there a gym nearby?
- What kind of snacks can I bring with me?
- What kind of snacks can I purchase once I arrive?
- Alternate forms of exercise, not just what you’ve been doing.
Gym vs. Fitness Center
Beachbody On Demand
- Track your intake
- Bring your nutrition
- Shop local
- Find comparable replacements
- Make smart menu choices