Over the next 2 episodes, we will discuss supplements. Today, we talk about some of the most popular supplements and discuss those that work.
Next week we will follow that up with an episode where we will fill you in on those supplements that do not work and quite honestly are a waste of money.
Which Supplements Work
- Byproduct of cheese production
- Leucine – 2-3 grams
- 3 forms – Concentrate (good), Isolate (better), and Hydrolysate (best)
Optimum Nutrition 100%
ISO 100 Whey Protein
- It will help you build muscle faster
- It will help you get stronger faster
- It improves anaerobic endurance
- It improves muscle recovery
- Carnosine absorbs H+ ions, does not block as mentioned. The absorption of the H+ ions helps maintain pH balance in the muscle tissues.
- Focuses on micronutrients
- Even a great diet lacks in micronutrients
- Look for gel-cap vitamin – gender specific
- Lose weight
- Reduce junk food cravings
- The proteins, fiber, and healthy fats will help you feel fuller longer, so you’re less likely to snack.
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids
Question of the week
What is the best way to track my nutrition?
My Fitness Pal – http://www.myfitnesspal.com